Friday, May 9, 2008

Better late than never: 2008 MET Costume Gala

In the whirlwind that was this week, I totally forgot to write about one of my fav, fashion events of the year...........the MET Costume Gala. In any case, I was NOT impressed by this years showing, but that makes talking about it even more fun......... ;-)

First up:
Scarlett Johanssen
(in Dolce and Gabbana)


My boys, Domenico and Stefano, do not looked pleased with how Scar Jo is rockin this dress. She def could have done more....... different shoe, a few jewels (maybe pink diamonds), and a hair stylist would have made a world of difference!

Fergie
(in Calvin Klein)



Pooooo on this look! Too widening, too much fabric, too much eye shadow, and WAAAYYYY too much Pro Style!

Blake Lively and Liv Tyler
(Blake in Ralph Lauren, Liv in Calvin Klein)


These ladies came out for the sole purpose of showing Fergie how black should be done.....CLASSIC! I'm loving both looks.

Beyonce
(in Armani Prive')


Rocking the latest in bridesmaid chic! I'm so tired of seeing this chick in satin. I will, however, give her kudos on the lack of rhinestones or sequins (although I'm sure she hid a few in the zipper or in that semi-ghetto BUN she's rockin).

Jennifer Lopez
(in Alberta Ferretti)


Congrats on the kids, boooooo on this look! It's okay, but J. Lo is way too fly for "okay". However, Aquamarine was def the color of the night and will be THE hue for Summer 08', fyi.

Christina Ricci and Eva Longoria
(Ricci in Ricardo Tisci Haute Couture, Longoria in Marchesa)


I'm just not sure on either of these......... I love the bodice of Ricci's dress. It fits with the super hero theme of the night (there was so much to be done with this theme, and very few people paid it any mind). I also really like that Longorias dress is soooo dramatic (I mean this IS the Costume Gala), but I'm not really feeling the purple coffee filter look (call me crazy). I'm just not sure on either, you tell me..............................


David and Victoria Beckham




One of my favorite blogs, Go Fug Yourself, said she dresses crazy to distract us from looking at her uber-fine hubby. AGREED! Oh, and Posh, ditch the french rolled, flat top quick!



Mary Kate, Ashley and Louboutin
(MK and Ash in Diane Von Furstenberg)



Ashley: Hmmmmmm, I'm so so on this look. She def went with the super hero theme (Cat Woman, perhaps), but I just don't like cut outs. Don't know why, but there is something about cut outs that screams TACKY!, much like Christian's shoes. Perhaps his pin should read TACKY! instead of BANG! Oh, I do have the best ideas!!!



MK: I love Mary Kate and love the look, Vanna White pose withstanding.





And the look of the night goes to...........................


KATIE HOLMES!
(in vintage Armani)


Miss thang' took some flack over this look, but I <3 it! Her fit, hair, make up......everything was FLAWLESS! My fav of the night


BANG! BANG! BANG!,
Randi Astrid

No comments: